The Kubernetes Technical Lead is responsible for the high quality technical execution of Percona’s Kubernetes product and services capabilities. This is a multi-faceted role, focused on driving Percona’s reputation and adoption within the Kubernetes ecosystem – specifically around open source databases and associated technologies – both within the community as well as internally within Percona.
This is a technical role, with a primary focus on the technical aspects of Kubernetes knowledge and thought leadership: creating public and customer facing technical content and knowledge sharing – for both Percona customers and the wider community. While technically focused, elements of this content will be directed by the Marketing team, ensuring that specific technical themes are selected which are aligned with Percona’s Kubernetes strategy. This role also works closely with the Service Delivery teams, acting as an escalation point for complex Percona’s Kubernetes related support tickets, as well as other technical requests. Contribution to Percona’s Kubernetes software product direction is also an important part of the role, with the Technical Lead enabled to influence and guide Percona’s product strategy with the Engineering team.
In order to achieve success in this role, the Kubernetes Technical Lead works in a collaborative position with stakeholders from the Sales, Marketing, Global Services, Customer Success and Engineering teams to contribute to Percona’s goals.
As a dynamic and thriving company, this position is unique in that it offers a challenging yet rewarding environment. You will be expected to wear “many hats” including the ability to positively impact the product strategy and direction from a deliverability and functionality perspective.
What You Will Do
- Create technical content for consumption by the community as well as Percona subscribers. Blogs, Whitepapers, KnowledgeBase articles, webinars and conference talks are all media types which may be used
- Technical escalation point for Global Services – takes ownership of complex/escalated Support tickets and owns them through to resolution
- Support and assist continual improvement of Percona’s quality of Support/Services delivery by participating in ticket review/spot checks to identify opportunities for improvement related to newly introduced Kubernetes ecosystem software
- Form a critical part of Percona’s Managed Services portfolio definition – defining and implementing best practices for efficiency and continual improvement
- Provide feedback and guidance on Percona’s Kubernetes – and broader where appropriate – software product strategy – contributing to functional specifications for product enhancements, changes or new software products as appropriate
- Follow the latest industry developments and stay up-to-date on corporate competitors
- Identify trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments
- Support the Percona field sales team on strategic opportunities
- Speak at strategically identified conferences throughout the year
- Lead/build/participate in a collaborative community of Kubernetes and associated technologies experts within Percona
- Expert-level knowledge of Kubernetes and cloud-native landscape
- Ability to work remotely
- Professional, customer service oriented attitude
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally under pressure
- Strong mentoring/coaching skills
- Desire to travel internationally and speak at Percona Live and other conferences (up to 10% travel expected, subject to change based on business needs)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with Management at Customers/Partners in an escalation ownership and management capacity
- Fluent written and verbal English language skills
- Ability to work well with people and communicate effectively both internally and with customers
- Ability to communicate information to staff members and customers in a clear and concise manner and with confidence even when under pressure
What Will Make You Stand Out (the nice -to -haves)
- Familiarity with open source databases such as PostgreSQL, MariaDB, and MySQL
- Expertise with DBaaS environments such as Amazon RDS & Aurora
- Software development experience and source-level familiarity with Kubernetes
- Experience writing Kubernetes Controllers and Operators
- Ability to contribute code recommendations in support of the Engineering efforts
Percona is a respected thought leader in the open source community. We provide services and software for MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and MariaDB to open source users globally.
Percona is remote-first and globally dispersed; we have close to 300 Staff members in 45 countries. We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard. The growth and development of our staff is a top priority; we provide funding for training, certifications, conferences and more.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, who also know how to have fun and are always willing to lend a helping hand. We offer flexible hours, the ability to work remotely and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
remote jobs – Stack Overflow