Director, Research & Insights
Location: US or Canada (North America remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products that give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds and on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
We’re designing tools and infrastructure to help our users start, run, and scale an online business from anywhere in the world. That’s where you come in: we’re looking for a Director to lead our Research & Insights team.
About the role:
The research & insights practice is a burgeoning part of both HashiCorp’s Design team and the broader organization. As Director of Research and Insights, you’ll report directly to the VP of Design and will be responsible for cultivating a practice of rigorous curiosity across the company so that everyone at HashiCorp can make decisions more confidently, regardless of their role. In addition to building the core Research team, this individual will partner with product and customer-facing teams to support the development of an Insights-driven organization.
In your cover letter, please include a link to your online portfolio or research agency, your CV or LinkedIn profile, and a few words to describe why HashiCorp is interesting to you. Please include specifics about your past experiences that would be relevant for us to consider in relation to this role.
We’re looking for someone with:
- A conceptual mind and passion for evidence-based problem solving
- A proven ability to create and direct high-quality research and strategy
- Demonstrated ability to influence product teams and product decisions via design and research
- Experience delivering big ideas for planet-scale businesses
- A track record for managing a variety of research methods and programs
- 8+ years of UX Research experience
- Experience working with distributed teams
In this role you can expect to…
- Set the bar for what rigorous research looks like at HashiCorp.
- Build and cultivate a team of strong researchers who can balance the important with the urgent.
- Contribute to product and company strategy through long shelf-life research projects.
- Partner with customer-facing teams to improve the quality of customer feedback they gather at every touch-point and the way that feedback is used in HashiCorp’s product development process.
- Develop a pragmatic and accessible system for ensuring everyone at HashiCorp has access to what we know about the world and our customers.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have…
- Experience hiring and managing a team
- Ability to help teams translate insights into impact
- Strong communication skills, especially with executives and leadership teams
- Comfort with a range of research methods and approaches
Attributes we look for:
- Empathy for end-users and consumers
- Humility and a learning mindset
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere.