Before you read on, take a look around you. Chances are, pretty much everything you see has been shipped, often multiple times, in order to get there. E-commerce is exploding, and with it, parcel shipping is becoming a meaningful factor in a business’ ability to succeed. Creating a compelling shipping experience for customers is hard but necessary.
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise.
Shippo lowers the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world. As free and fast shipping becomes the norm, better access to shipping is a competitive advantage for businesses. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, and platforms are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. Businesses can get shipping rates, print labels, automate international documents, track shipments, and facilitate returns.
Internally, we think of Shippo as the building blocks of shipping. Shippos are a diverse set of individuals. We look for cultural and skill fit in every new person. Join us to build the foundations of something great, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, we are a proud team based out of San Francisco. Shippo’s investors include D1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, and others.
About the Role
As a backend cloud engineer, you will manage infrastructure deployments and applications hosted on the cloud for the intelligence team. You will create dashboards to monitor the performance of the model and ensure that we meet production SLAs.
- Architect, develop, and maintain a scalable, reliable, and high-performance platform to execute algorithms in the cloud
- Efficiently schedule and distribute various heterogeneous jobs and AI algorithms within a distributed ecosystem, while optimizing for speed and cost
- On-call responsibilities and operational support for production systems
- Assist intelligence team in establishing development and security best practices
- Proactively identify & recommend improvements to address systemic pain points and tech debt
- Follow engineering best practices to ensure code quality, performance, and reliability
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, or equivalent years of experience
- 5+ years of industry experience as a software engineer developing distributed computing architectures
- Extensive experience architecting scalable systems for distributed computing in the cloud
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with message queuing systems (e.g. SQS, ActiveMQ, etc.)
- Experience with data pipelines and executing workflows
- Experience with Python, or equivalent
- Experience with Docker containers
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Unix operating systems
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD)
- Experience with modern product development practices, including software testing
- Benefits: medical, dental, vision, (90% covered by the company, incl. dependents), and pets coverage
- Flexible PTO + work hours
- Dog are welcomed in the office
- 3 VTO days for ShippoCares volunteering events
- $2,500 yearly learning stipend for your personal growth
- Free lunch / drinks / snacks
- Fun team events outside of work hours – happy hours, “escape room” adventures, hikes, and more!
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere.