We are Zego – a commercial motor insurance provider that powers opportunities for businesses, from entire fleets of vehicles to self-employed drivers and riders. We combine best-in-class technology with sophisticated data sources to offer insurance products that save businesses time and money.
Since our inception, we have believed that the problem with traditional insurance is that it holds businesses back. It’s too expensive and time consuming, and it no longer suits businesses who use vehicles to earn money. Our products represent a solution to this problem for businesses based across the UK, Europe and beyond.
So far, we have raised over $200 million in funding and we were the first UK insurtech to be valued at over $1 billion. We were also the first to be awarded our own insurance license and recently won Tech Company of the Year 2020.
At Zego, we are proud to say we have a diverse and inclusive team, unified by our shared values and mission. Our people are the most important part of our story and everybody at Zego, no matter their role, has an integral part to play.
Overview of the Product team
We believe that product management is critical to Zego’s future success, so we’re building a team where product managers have the opportunity to learn, contribute and take exciting calculated risks. We’re doing this by ensuring that product strategy underpins everything that we do, and that our Product Managers are empowered to make decisions, in collaboration with the engineering team and other stakeholders.
Working in an Agile environment, our team helps to scope and build scalable complex systems, from consumer-facing products to internal tooling. As we move forward, we are looking to embed data-driven and problem-obsessed domain expertise into everything that we do, ensuring that product-based thinking is central to Zego’s decision making.
Purpose of the role
We have recently launched a telematics app that is critical to Zego’s success. The Zego app collects behavioural driving data on which we can build a better understanding of a user’s risk and provide better, fairer pricing to our customers. Alongside this data collection, it’s equally important that we build out great user experiences and functionality for the end user. This role will involve managing an app development squad to help them scope requirements and ensure that we are building out the highest value features in a scalable way. The Associate Product Manager will work closely with the Product Manager and Lead Product Manager within the team to refine a vision for the app and manage the app roadmap and builds.
What you will be working on
- You will manage an agile app development squad to help them to achieve goals set on the product roadmap
- You will be responsible for supporting Zego’s mobile apps – working with the product lead you will help to drive the commercial success and sustainability of our Interfaces vertical
- You will be responsible for writing comprehensive user stories related to app releases, scoping technical work, grooming the backlog and prioritising app development work (working alongside the Engineering team)
- You will work closely with Design, Engineering and Data teams to identify and develop new product opportunities that enhance and expand Zego’s app capabilities and user experiences
- You will utilise data to inform and solve complex problems
What you will need to be successful
- You have worked in innovative product or technology teams. Preferably, you have worked on mobile apps, and can demonstrate your knowledge of app UX and native mobile development.
- You are able to work within an agile Product team and demonstrate value through building data-driven products.
- You are highly organised and able to maintain detailed documentation and manage processes and stakeholder inputs.
- You are passionate about providing a delightful customer experience, and can draw insights from qualitative and quantitative data to understand what the user needs.
- You are commercially minded and enjoy the challenge of adapting to the evolving needs of an ambitious business.
- You are an ambitious self-starter who is excited to grow and learn within product management, with an appreciation for beautiful interfaces and driving improvements through data
What it’s like to work @ Zego
Zego has a truly international and inclusive team, unified by great ideas and collaborative thoughtfulness. Our people are the most important part of our story and everyone plays an essential role in our journey. We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and who are motivated by change. There’s plenty of room to learn and grow, as part of our ongoing training programmes or directly from other experts. You’ll work alongside a talented group of people who respect each other’s differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere.