Carry1st is the leading publisher of social games and interactive content in Africa. We work with studios across the globe – from Addis Ababa to Sofia to New York City – to level up their games and scale in dynamic, frontier markets. In addition to our full-stack publishing service, we’ve built a proprietary payments and ecommerce experience which allows customers to pay for digital content, even when they don’t have a credit card.
As Business Development Lead, you will be responsible for sourcing new games and structuring win/win partnerships. You will develop relationships with prospective partners and clearly articulate how Carry1st can help them access the fastest growing market.
- Create a pipeline of top titles Carry1st should prioritize using a data-driven approach
- Develop relationships ranging from indie game developers to AAA studios and publishers
- Articulate Carry1st’s value proposition and create compelling materials / case studies
- Scope and negotiate sustainable long-term deals that set up all parties for success
- Keep tabs on industry trends and up-and-coming studios by obsessively analyzing the market, playing all the new releases, and attending industry events
What makes you a great candidate?
- Strong combination of analytical ability and emotional intelligence
- Proactive entrepreneurial approach with track record of persevering and winning
- Experience in business development, corporate development, M&A, venture capital
- Clear communication via written, verbal, and presentation channels
- Love of games and curiosity about the industry
What will we offer you?
- Incredible autonomy and the ability to lead on high stakes deals
- Mentorship from champions in the industry
- Unlimited room for career growth with support along the way
- Equity ownership
Carry1st is a remote-friendly company. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Join us!
Learn more about Carry1st…
- GamesBeat announced that Carry1st raised $6m to publish mobile games in Africa
- Gamesindustry.biz interview with Lucy Hoffman about publishing landscape
- TechCrunch announced that Riot Games and Konvoy Ventures back Carry1st in $6M Series A
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere.