At Emburse our mission is to help make our users’ lives — and their businesses – better. We are dramatically transforming how organizations manage corporate expenses and invoices. We humanize work by automating manual tasks and saving users’ time, so they can focus on what matters most — their family, community, or more rewarding work. We help CFO’s give their employees a simple and amazing experience while ensuring compliance and reducing costs. Our solutions are tailored for companies from start-ups to enterprises. We have more than 16,000 clients and 9 million users globally.
Emburse has offices across North America, including Los Angeles, Montreal, Portland (ME), San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto, as well as locations in the UK, Germany, Spain, and Australia.
Our core values – Sincerity, Empathy, Empowerment, Individuality, and Teamwork – reflect who we are as a company. They are central to the decisions we make and the interactions we have with our teams, customers, and partners. As a people-focused company, we are seeking candidates who align with our values.
Emburse is a proud recipient of a 2020 Tech Cares Award from TrustRadius and a 2020 IDC SaaS CSAT Award for Travel and Expense. These awards celebrate companies that have gone above and beyond to provide their communities, clients, and front-line workers with support during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are a people-first company, and this award is a testament to our mission to humanize work.
Follow us to stay updated on news and job openings!
Develop software and software fixes to integrate internal systems. Ensure code quality, test and distribute code updates, and monitor the health and stability of the servers.
What you’ll do:
- Engineering automation, monitoring, reactive and proactive system mitigation
- Design and build automated code deployment systems that simplify development work which include Scale infrastructure via automation
- Perform all configuration management duties
- OOP, creating containers, managing clusters, EKS, K8s, Kubernetes, Docker
- Meet and beat Key Performance Indicators, SLAs, maintain an error budget and adhere to it
- Ensure the platform holds a high degree of reliability, at least three 9s of availability
- Provide recommendations and feedback in review sessions, design reviews and review sessions
- Mentor junior developers in best practices on all aspects of reliability, scalability and high availability
- Orchestrate deployment of CI/CD with containers
- Perform operational architectural overviews, design and implementation
- Own and resolve technically intricate issues that cross between DevOps, databases, networking, code, infrastructure and people; drive them to satisfactory completion.
- Work closely with product different stakeholders to align Operational priorities and planning with the product and engineering roadmap
- Prepare and present engineering-related documents to key stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or STEM field
- Minimum of 7 years’ direct experience in a similar role without a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science; minimum of 3 years’ experience with Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Preferred: AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience with full lifecycle of SaaS implementations as well as Infrastructure as code.
- Listening, teamwork, analysis, reasoning and problem solving, time management, attention to details.
- Ability to write SQL and ELK queries, advanced Linux skills, diagnostic experience with monitoring applications (APM), APM configuration, basic IAM management, TCP/IP and OSI proficiency, and AWS proficiency.
- Ability to merge and apply PRs (Ansible and TF)
- Deep understanding of release cycles and SDLC
- Ability to create and complete Jenkins builds
- Deep understanding of infrastructure and architecture
- Intermediate to advanced Linux skills
- Basic identity management via IAM
- Ability to codify logs
- Unix essentials
- Attention to detail
Emburse provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Emburse complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location where the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere.