We are Zego – a commercial motor insurance provider that powers opportunities for businesses, from entire fleets of vehicles to self-employed drivers and riders. We combine best-in-class technology with sophisticated data sources to offer insurance products that save businesses time and money.
Since our inception, we have believed that the problem with traditional insurance is that it holds businesses back. It’s too expensive and time-consuming, and it no longer suits businesses that use vehicles to earn money. Our products represent a solution to this problem for businesses based across the UK, Europe and beyond.
So far, we have raised over $200 million in funding and we were the first UK insurtech to be valued at over $1 billion. We were also the first to be awarded our own insurance license and recently won Tech Company of the Year 2020.
At Zego, we are proud to say we have a diverse and inclusive team, unified by our shared values and mission. Our people are the most important part of our story and everybody at Zego, no matter their role, has an integral part to play.
Overview of the Product team
We believe that product management is critical to Zego’s future success, so we’re building a team where product managers have the opportunity to learn, contribute and take exciting calculated risks. We’re doing this by ensuring that product strategy underpins everything that we do, and that our Product Managers are empowered to make decisions, in collaboration with the engineering team and other stakeholders.
Working in an Agile environment, our team helps to scope and build scalable complex systems, from consumer-facing products to internal tooling. As we move forward, we are looking to embed data-driven and problem-obsessed domain expertise into everything that we do, ensuring that product-based thinking is central to Zego’s decision making.
Purpose of the role
As Lead Product Marketing Manager you will be responsible for leading the team who are driving adoption of product features by our customers. You will take a role on the Product Leadership team, reporting directly to the Chief Product Officer, ensuring that the ways in which benefits are communicated to customers is front and centre in the thinking across the team.
You will develop the end-to-end marketing strategies and plans that communicate the features and benefits of our products to customers. You will work on initiatives to improve all parts of the customer lifecycle and act as a bridge between Product and Commercial (Sales and Marketing). You and your team will partner with the Content & Communications team to tune the voice of the products, advise the Performance Marketing team on channel strategies and work closely with the Product Managers to achieve shared goals.
What you will be working on
- You will be responsible for defining, coordinating and leading the execution of the Go-To-Market (GTM) strategies for all customer-facing features and new product releases
- You will partner with Product Managers and User Experience (UX) Researchers on defining and testing the value proposition & positioning for our products and features
- You will drive the end-to-end messaging of the products to the customer across the various campaigns and channels
- You will motivate the team to deliver the expected impact across all areas of the customer lifecycle (awareness, acquisition, retention, revenue, referral) to achieve commercial goals
- You will identify and develop product education initiatives and opportunities to ensure that our customers understand the full value of our products & features
- You will lead data-driven funnel optimisations and work closely with UX to uncover customer needs, validate assumptions and incorporate insights into other activities as well as influence the product strategy
What you will need to be successful
- You have Product Marketing experience in commercial product teams and are looking for a more senior, challenging role
- You ideally have a background in fintech/insurtech and will have worked in a regulated environment
- You have proven experience of working within an agile organisation
- You’re a developing leader, adept at running a small team of directly and virtually managed staff
- You are customer obsessed and are energised by providing them with additional value
- You have experience working closely with user research teams
What it’s like to work @ Zego
Zego has a truly international and inclusive team, unified by great ideas and collaborative thoughtfulness. Our people are the most important part of our story and everyone plays an essential role in our journey. We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and who are motivated by change. There’s plenty of room to learn and grow, as part of our ongoing training programmes or directly from other experts. You’ll work alongside a talented group of people who respect each other’s differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere.