Great Minds®, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced PD Implementation Support Specialist (Instructional Coach of Mathematics).
Great Minds, a mission-driven public benefit corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math, and PhD Science™ all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
For additional information please visit www.greatminds.org.
OUR MARKET POSITION
Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ Net Promoter Score®. Eureka Math and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom and PhD Science, embrace higher expectations for all students and teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
Professional Development Implementation Success Specialists are versatile team members with the skills to contribute in a variety of roles.
Candidates hired to support nationally may be assigned a blend of tasks that include both PD workshop facilitation and coaching services. Volume of PD vs coaching will vary based on the demands of the market and organizational priorities.
Candidates hired to support high volume coaching within a specific local region may have a blend of responsibilities that is more heavily weighted toward coaching during the school year.
The PD Implementation Success Specialist will:
- Develop and maintain expertise in the Eureka Math PD and Coaching catalog in order to:
- provide up to an estimated 85-95 days per year of on-site support (coaching) to assigned schools
- coach up to three days a week within the Long Island area
- complete additional PD assignments outside of coaching region as time permits
- Additional responsibilities may include the development and revision of coaching offerings and resources, growing knowledge in pedagogy and curriculum design, attendance at national and state conferences, and collaboration with Account Sales Managers to provide coaching specific support to the sales team.
Required Education and Experience
- At least 3 year of experience teaching in or coaching teachers in a school or district using Eureka Math (or EngageNY) or another standards-based math curriculum.
- At least 1 year of experience delivering professional development at a school, district, state, or national level.
- Experience delivering successful, high-quality professional development, coaching or mentoring in a school.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, mathematics, or a related field.
- Commitment to lifelong learning.
- 4+ years of experience teaching in or coaching teachers in a school or district using Eureka Math (or EngageNY) or another standards-based math curriculum.
- 2+ years of experience delivering professional development at a school, district, state, or national level.
- Proven ability to form relationships with schools and craft a comprehensive professional learning plan for teachers and/or school leaders.
- Experience with virtual platforms such as Zoom or WebEx.
- Full time
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a background check.
Resume and cover letter are required. Incomplete applications are not considered. Applicants should provide explicit information describing experience:
- Should indicate willingness to stay at a coaching site for three days a week in the Long Island area.
- Teaching, coaching, or supervising implementations of Eureka Math/Engage NY or another high-quality PK-12 math curriculum
- Delivering professional development at school, district, state, or national level.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere.