Listed in: Blockchain Jobs.
Locations: Berlin, Germany (can assist relocation) or Remote
Parity Technologies builds core infrastructure for blockchains and Web 3.0 technologies. This means dealing with P2P networking, consensus algorithms, cryptography, databases, and decentralized applications. We strive to write the fastest, lightest, and safest core technology in Blockchain and write lots of open-source code.
We believe in giving back to the community and are looking for someone familiar with the open-source Rust ecosystem. You should be excited about Rust, familiar with Blockchain technology, and have had first experience protocol & mechanism design. We expect you to have a strong knowledge of computer science and to follow best development practices, including writing efficient, yet highly readable code.
Parity works in a very flat hierarchy with lots of autonomy and high levels of personal responsibility, and we try to mimic an open-source workflow in much of what we do. We have an older article on our blog about our development practices which you may want to read.
The Bridge team is responsible for developing the infrastructure that will connect different blockchains to the Substrate and Polkadot ecosystems. The Bridge team is a fully remote team, and operates across three different time zones. This means that you should be comfortable putting your thoughts into writing. If you’re curious to learn more, grab a hardhat and dive into the code.
In this role you will contribute to building Bridging technologies, mainly between two Substrate (FRAME)-based chains, but possibly also to other blockchains. The tasks will revolve around implementing and deploying bridge runtime pallets, bridge applications & examples (possibly: token swap, DEX, XCMP) and standalone bridge relayer applications.
- Experience with Rust, particularly writing high-performance high-security code
- Knowledge of Bitcoin, Ethereum or other blockchain technologies
- Comfortable working with a remote and distributed team
- Strong written communication skills
- Willingness to manage and organise yourself and work autonomously
- Eagerness to learn new technology and dive into the code head-first
- An interest in decentralized technology and Web3
Nice to have:
- Experience writing FRAME Runtime Pallets (Substrate)
- Experience building blockchain bridges
- Experience implementing decentralized applications, including “Layer 1” and “Layer 2” approaches
- Web Assembly (WASM), no_std Rust, or Solidity experience
- Competitive salaries and benefits.
- Opportunity to become an expert in latest blockchain technologies.
- Working at Parity means focusing on stuff that matters: building cutting-edge technology for a better and more decentralized internet. Our teams enjoy a high degree of freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal.
- Because we value initiative and learning, we’ve defined a generous personal improvement budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your own choosing. We think you know what’s best for you!
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries and we will support you with German or English language courses where needed (and desired).
- We have a remote-friendly company setup.
- Bringing the team together is something we value a lot and we have regular company retreats (or will have, pending the Covid pandemic).
Not a perfect match to our requirements? We’re happy to receive your application anyways and hear how you think you can help us achieve our mission.
To see how we use your data please see our Applicant Notice.
Apply here 👉 Rust Blockchain Engineer – Bridges job
Crypto Jobs List