We’re transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night…our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Solving these problems is what helps our customers get back time in their day, so they can do more of what they love.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. It’s an industry that’s been around for centuries. Food itself, however, has been a constant in people’s lives since the beginning of time. Yes, sustenance is crucial, but it’s also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It provides a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it’s a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients they need.
The Instacart Product Team is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless for everyone. By helping take care of the shopping, we help people get good food and give them back time, so they can do what matters most to them. We’re finding solutions to large-scale challenges that will forever change the way people feed themselves and their loved ones.
We’re hiring a team of product leaders who will define and execute on our vision of being the world leader in online grocery. You’ll work among star engineers, designers, data scientists and operators in a fast-growing environment. The role demands a mix of critical thinking, well-honed product sense, and technical depth.
ABOUT THE JOB
Instacart Search makes people’s lives easier by helping them quickly find the food and products they love, even when they’re not sure what they’re looking for. Our vision is to create the world’s most satisfying grocery search experience by deeply understanding and responding to our customer’s needs. This is an incredible opportunity to join the world leader in online grocery to pioneer a rapidly growing search product used millions of times every day.
As a member of the Search Relevance team, you will be solving for the customer throughout each step of the search lifecycle, including:
- Autosuggest – Incorporate signals about the customer, their session, and shopping context to help people search more efficiently through relevant search suggestions
- Query Understanding – Determine how each part of the user’s query relates to category, size, flavor, diet, brand, or other concepts in our Knowledge Graph to enrich our interpretation of the customer’s intent
- Retrieval – Utilize signals from Query Understanding to retrieve results candidates using numerous retrieval strategies
- Ranking – Leverage signals from Query Understanding, what we know about the customer, and their session context to provide personalized result ranking
As a Product Manager you will:
- Lead a cross-functional team of machine learning engineers, backend software engineers, and data scientists
- Drive product definition, strategy, and long term vision for initiatives both within the Search Relevance team, in partnership with the Search Experience team, and across the organization
- Identify the biggest problems and drive new feature development from start to finish
- Build, measure, and iterate rapidly through data-driven experiments to inform product direction
- Consistently integrate behavior data and customer feedback into key product decisions
- Communicate product plans, benefits and results to all audiences – within teams, company, to users, press etc.
- 5+ years in Product Management at a technology company, ideally working in machine learning-driven product areas such as search or recommendations
- Experience working on aspects of search relevance such as query understanding and ranking
- Experience delivering impactful products and features that are heavily informed by data as well as user research
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems by crafting customer-first solutions and thinking from first principles
- Strong data driven problem solving skills are fluency at SQL
- Passion for building products that unlock value for people who are business users
- Experience influencing the Executive Team members on key strategy and cross-functional initiatives
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere.