# About Us
Poll Everywhere is a 60-person growing technology startup. Over the last decade, our company has transformed presentations into two-way conversations, and our mission now is to make presentations more inclusive. Presenters from Google, Target, TED, and thousands more trust Poll Everywhere at their most vulnerable moments: in front of an audience. We’re driven to honor this trust.
Our customer support team builds that trust through calls, emails, chat, and the occasional screen share. This gives people the confidence to deliver interactive presentations that are open and engaging. Poll Everywhere users tend to be leaders in their organizations and they reach out for help because they’re preparing for a presentation that just can’t go wrong. Sometimes they’re nervous, and sometimes they’re on a deadline. Because of this, we elevate support as a practice much more than most tech companies.
This role is highly technical and requires you to take end-to-end ownership of customer-facing issues such as advanced troubleshooting and root cause identification. Our Customer Support team is based on levels, because of this, we only hire experienced people for this role. Our Senior Technical Support Specialist l is the first level of our support team. From there it goes to Senior Technical Support Specialist ll, then to Advocate. All of our CS Team members are Senior as our product is complex and technical in nature.
Our growth has created an environment for career advancement and rewarding challenges. Former support team members have gone on to become customer success managers, a product manager, front-end engineer, and operations manager all within Poll Everywhere. Support team alumni now work at Accenture, Google, and Chorus.
# What you’ll do
– Create resolution for customers with a blend of patience, wit, and crystal-clear communication. You’ll directly support customers via email tickets, incoming calls (which may require context switching), and the occasional screen share. In the future, we’ll offer chat support.
– Work with both new and existing customers to resolve product and billing-related questions. You’ll work with our finance team to process payments and refunds.
– Collect data to show trends among customers. We really like data and expect you to be comfortable using data to assign priorities, measure your own productivity, and suggest company improvements.
– Work closely with Engineering and QA to troubleshoot, reproduce, and escalate product-related bugs proactively. Follow debugging procedures to diagnose technical issues in web, mobile, and desktop apps.
– If you’re selected for a screening call, our recruiter will walk you through a typical day, call and ticket volumes, and the complex nature of the work.
# What you bring to the role
– 3-5 years of experience in a client-facing software support role (preferably SaaS) with an understanding of customer service, technical issue resolution, and support best practices.
– You have a working knowledge of Windows and macOS platforms in order to resolve complex issues. You’re proficient in installing and troubleshooting software on these platforms.
– You have experience communicating and problem-solving with other departments such as engineering, QA, design, sales, and marketing.
– You have a collaborative mindset and view feedback as a 2-way street. You’re open to communicating needs that will set you up for success with your team and coach.
– You take initiative and are energized even when a clear path isn’t laid out for you.
– You believe in self-care and want to work on a team that places an emphasis on rest and development due to the nature of this work existing in a high-pressure time-sensitive environment that requires you to prioritize urgent tasks based on customer needs and your day-to-day responsibilities.
# Bonus points if you have
– Experience working remote on a distributed team spread across several time zones
– Proficiency with Zendesk, Slack, Pivotal, Notion, or other comparable online support and collaboration tools
– Experience using Poll Everywhere
– Experience working with Learning Management Systems (LMS)
# What we offer
– $150/month internet & personal cell phone reimbursement
– $1000 + 2 days of PTO annual self-development budget
– $500 work from home stipend to help you set up your remote work life for success.
– Monthly coffee or tea subscription
– Once we are able to safely reunite as an entire company, we will resume our biannual company retreats and remote employee quarterly visits.
Jobs – Jobspresso