Lattice is on a mission to build cultures where employees and their companies thrive. In an age where innovation is happening all around us, there’s commonality – people are driving these changes. We offer a solution that helps companies put employees first. Lattice is a people management tool that provides performance reviews, employee engagement surveys, real-time feedback, weekly check-ins, and goal setting in a way that allows companies to focus on employee development, growth, and engagement. Since launching in 2016, we have grown to over 2,500 customers globally, including brands like Slack, Reddit, Glossier, and Asana.
Quality is a collective responsibility in the Engineering, Product, and Design (EPD) culture at Lattice. Being the second hire on the team, you will help build a quality-driven culture. Working in an embedded model within a team, you will help advocate best practices, develop how we think about quality within the product development lifecycle, and scale these practices across the entire engineering organization. We’re at a stage where you will have a voice and make an impact.
You’ll work with other engineers to test our products across a modern tech stack. Our current stack includes React, Relay Modern, GraphQL, Node, and PostgreSQL. We rely on AWS to host our infrastructure.
Who you are
You are a Software Development Engineer in Test who has developed and refined your approach to Quality Engineering from experience supporting customer-facing web applications. You have a passion for shipping high-quality and delightful products and enjoy working with cross-functional stakeholders to establish quality-related expectations across teams.
- You’ve been at it for 5+ years and enjoy sharing your knowledge about quality best practices and test automation with your fellow teammates.
- You have a quality first mindset and help build a strong culture of testing and continuous improvement.
- You have experience in writing, executing, and monitoring automated test suites using various technologies such as Jest, Cypress, or React testing libraries
- You have experience collaborating with other engineering teams and cross-functional team members.
- You advocate for initiatives that will drive customer and business value.
- You have experience taking the lead in planning and executing the development roadmap for software testing projects alongside your peers.
- You make the engineering team more effective through the pragmatic application of useful test tools and patterns.
- Preferably, you have professional experience with the technologies with which we work (Node.js, React, Flow, GraphQL, Postgres, Amazon Web Services).
- Identify test gaps across product functionality and make systemic improvements to test enumeration and automated testing.
- You’ll work with other engineers to test our products across a modern tech stack. Our current stack includes React, Relay Modern, GraphQL, Node, and PostgreSQL. We rely on AWS to host our infrastructure.
- Plan, develop and execute test strategy across Lattice’s products and teams.
- Develop and evolve test automation tools and services.
- Collaborate with our engineering, product, and design teams to understand quality-related challenges and opportunities.
- Establish standards and best practices for when and how one can incorporate quality practices into our product development process
- Contribute to our engineering practices, identifying and evangelizing improvements to improve our team output.
- Identify parts of the overall customer experience suboptimal (incl. but not limited to the product) and effectively prioritize and advocate for improving the customer experience.
- Shape the role of the Quality Engineering team at Lattice through setting an example of excellence and influencing how we build out the team to scale.
We are rapidly growing the number and size of customers we support, along with the scope of products we offer and the engineering team’s size.
In scaling up along these multiple dimensions, a strong candidate will operate with autonomy and have a unique opportunity to take on outsized ownership and significantly impact our success as a company. Being the second hire on the team, a strong candidate will play a pivotal role in shaping the Quality Engineering team at Lattice and influencing how we build the team to scale.
- We invest in the personal and professional growth of every employee because we believe growth leads to both business impact and personal fulfillment
- The opportunity to join an experienced and ambitious team that is passionate about solving customers’ needs and loves coming to work every day
- Partner with 2,500+ companies around the world to make sure their employees are engaged and performing at a high level
- A culture that encourages and promotes professional growth and development, with continuous learning reimbursements
- Competitive salary, equity, and benefits
- Centrally located FiDi office
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
Lattice is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Lattice is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere.