Overview of the Telematics Team
The Telematics team uses advanced digital signal processing and machine learning to process high-frequency sensors and contextual data to generate a precise and comprehensive driving behaviour dataset. We use this information to drive the future of insurance, helping to create fairer insurance products and to help drivers to be safer and more sustainable on the roads.
Purpose of Role
As a Staff Data Scientist for Telematics at Zego, you will be working with a world-class team of data scientists and engineers to lead the future of car insurance. You will be guiding the Data Science effort on the Behavioural Data team to generate meaningful knowledge from data and answer difficult questions that can drive the development of the new generation of behaviour-based insurance.
What you will be working on
- Oversee the research and development of new and unique models to detect human behaviours and vehicle kinematics and act as a consultant on existing products and key features, finding new and undiscovered patterns in data collected via smartphone sensors and all of the other telematics devices.
- Work together with Data Products, Data Science and Engineering to devise creative, unestablished methods and procedures to develop solutions that use telematics data to develop new features or and value propositions for Zego’s customers.
- You will manage the recruitment, growth and mentoring of the data science resources within the Behavioural Data team to ensure Zego has the required skills, technical resources and the best working environment to produce high-quality analytical work.
- You will nurture and promote the natural alignment of the data scientists within the team with the rest of the Data Science practice.
- You will help coordinate the different teams to implement metrics and monitor outcomes and will promote and support the accurate communication of data and hypothesis using effective data visualization techniques.
What you will need to be successful
- Master’s or PhD in Data Science, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics or Mathematics
- Deep understanding of data science principles, algorithms and practices, such as deep learning/machine learning, statistics and probability.
- Knowledge of signal processing (signal modelling, projections, decompositions, and transformations), sensor physics is a plus
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of software development process, and proven coding skills using scripting languages e.g. Python, Pandas, NumPy, scikit-learn, SQL
- Ability to build solutions from scratch including writing and navigating code and requesting data from data sources
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere.