We have a simple mission at Calm: To make the world a happier and healthier place.
The heart of Calm is digital but the brand is expanding offline into a variety of products and services that bring more peace, clarity and perspective into people’s busy lives. We are building Calm into the Nike of the Mind. We believe Calm can become one of the most valuable and meaningful brands in the world.
Over 100 Million people have downloaded the app and we are growing by 100,000 new downloads a day. The company is profitable and headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
Calm was co-founded by Alex Tew (Million Dollar Homepage) and Michael Acton Smith (Mind Candy, Moshi Monsters, Firebox).
There’s a small gap between a product that changes lives and a product that tries to change lives. Data is how we distinguish between an attempt and a result, and as Vice President of Data Science you’ll refine Calm’s approach to data. You’ll lead our Data Science team as they transition from a Data Science team into a Data Science organization. You and your team will partner closely with folks making key decisions across all facets of the company . You’ve previously steered a Data Science team through periods of rapid growth, are familiar with the tradeoffs of different organizational approaches, and are motivated by using data to make the world a happier, healthier place.
- Lead the evolution of Calm’s data culture as we grow our Data Science organization as we grow from ten to twenty-plus
- Support Calm’s Data Science team with clear objectives and goals, feedback, and coaching. In particular, guide the growth from a close-knit team into an organization closely partnering across the company
- Partner cross-functionally across the organization with mindfulness experts, content creatives, product managers, B2B sales, and more
- 5+ years scaling the Data Science function as a people leader
- Experience supporting data scientists across their many specialities, from analytics to machine learning
- Growth mindset to receive feedback easily and incorporate it quickly
- Great communicator, especially cross-functionally
- Comfort with growth-stage startups (who we are today) and established companies (where we’re going)
- Competitive salary and equity
- Unlimited PTO
- We pay your medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums
- Commuter benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Apple equipment
- Opportunity to work with a product focused on making the world happier and healthier
- And much more!
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere.