If you would like to be a part of a community that enjoys a beautiful 400-acre campus with park-like settings, supports world-renowned research, teaching, and outreach, or assists students to become successful citizens, consider a career with Oregon State University (OSU).
Located in the heart of Oregon’s central valley, OSU’s main campus is in Corvallis, nestled between Eugene and Salem. Enjoy a quaint college town full of art, shopping, wineries, breweries, farm-fresh foods, and much more. And, whether you love the ocean, mountains, waterfalls, or the desert – none are more than a few hours’ drive! If bigger cities are your jam, Portland is two hours north, Seattle just about four. Hit the coast in less than an hour and the desert in three.
OSU Ecampus is seeking a web team manager to join our Course Development and Training (CDT) team.
We are a leader in national online education, our online bachelor’s program is currently ranked #4 in the nation by U.S. News & World Report and has ranked in the top 10 for seven consecutive years.
Oregon State Ecampus is a growing, innovative, and collaborative organization with a commitment to providing high-quality online degrees and programs. Ecampus makes OSU’s exceptional learning experiences available to students throughout Oregon and around the world, and that means something to us. We work as a team, learning together and from one another in a high-energy, fun work environment. Ecampus is known for its open-minded approach to innovation and creative work; everyone on the team has the opportunity to contribute to how our work is done. And, together we work hard to produce nationally recognized educational content that helps students grow and change their lives for the better. Sounds fun and meaningful? It is.
Most everyone in the great state of Oregon works hard and plays hard and that’s certainly true at OSU. Oregon State is a research-intensive, public land-grant university and one of only two land-, sea-, space- and sun-grant universities with such designation in the country. Oregon State believes in tackling challenges head-on and in partnership with others. The University’s mission to provide access to high-quality educational programs connects us with partners in K-12, community colleges, and universities across the state, nation, and world. Strong collaborations with industry and state and federal agencies drive OSU’s research enterprise. Oregon State University takes seriously its values of economic, social, cultural, and environmental progress for the people of Oregon, the nation, and the world. Check out the OSU Mission Statement!
To understand a potential work environment, it helps to look at our values and mission. In Ecampus we aim to push the boundaries of what’s possible while leaving no one behind. Our work is steeped in principles of accessibility, inclusivity, and innovation. If those are more than catchphrases to you, they mean more to us, also. We live those values in Ecampus – in how we treat each other and infused in the work we produce.
About the position:
Are you the Web Team Manager we’re looking for? Are you an experienced professional willing to grow and explore? Can you lead a small team of programmers in the design and development of customized web-based applications and learning platforms? We need you! Help the team by providing proactive project management for development teams by evaluating processes, efficiencies, and outcomes. Ecampus has a good problem – high demand for the work we do. We’re looking for someone like you to help us manage day-to-day operations.
Our work isn’t completed in a quiet office tucked away – this is a social position in which you will have the opportunity to directly engage OSU’s incredible and dedicated faculty, helping non-media folks understand what is possible, what it takes to get there, and then helping bring their vision to reality. While our projects vary across every subject and discipline, you will definitely build long-term, positive relationships born through genuine collaboration with faculty, instructors, and content experts. In-house, you’ll work closely with multimedia developers, instructional designers, researchers, librarians, and more to ensure high-quality content is produced for on-time delivery.
Take a look through the qualifications provided below – if this sounds like a position in which you would excel and thrive, we want to talk! Consider applying today.
Job duties include:
· Design web applications and platform systems and integrate other large scale systems such as Canvas
· Assess web application and platform needs, evaluate new and existing architecture for compliance with Ecampus quality and accessibility standards
· Analyze project and technology performance
· Provide operational level management of day to day operations for the Ecampus web team
· Standard supervision duties including project lead, performance appraisals, approve leave and plans/assigns/approves work
· Provide regular project updates to stakeholders regarding projects, communicate requests to the web team
· Responsible for hiring, onboarding and supervision of student employees
· Research new technologies and consult with others in the industry to learn about emerging technology
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering or related field; or a Bachelor’s degree in another field with three years of professional programming development experience
· Demonstrated ability to coordinate resources, team members, and stakeholders, ability to adapt to changing priorities, plan, prioritize, and track projects that meet or exceed standards on time in a professional environment
· Demonstrated success in working in a collaborative team environment, especially leading teams formally or informally
· Experience with modern front-end web development frameworks (for example Angular, React/Vue, etc)
· Experience conveying technical concepts to varied audiences (leadership, faculty, students, and other Ecampus staff) in live consultations, email, reports, etc
· A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity
· Project management certification (for example: PMI, CAPM, PMP) or training
· Experience using project management software
· Experience with agile project management methodology (scrum, Kanban)
· Experience integrating with APIs (REST)
· Experience with Amazon Web Services
· Experience with designing responsive and accessible web applications
· Demonstrated knowledge of back-end development (Serverless, Node.js etc)
· Experience working with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc.)
· Experience with source control/version control systems (such as Git)
· Knowledge of standards for authentication and authorization, security vulnerabilities, and remediation procedures
· Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator)
· Experience working in a higher education environment, specifically with faculty
· Experience working with a diverse group of people/teams.
OSU is committed to a culture of civility, respect, and inclusivity. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, OSU values diversity in our faculty and staff regardless of their self-identity; to that end, we particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, individuals with disabilities, veterans, women, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
· Medical coverage – 95% employer contribution toward CORE benefits (medical, vision, dental, employee basic life). Optional spouse/domestic and dependent coverage.
· Vacation leave (15 hours/month), sick leave (8 hours/month), and 10 paid holidays
· Oregon Public Service Retirement Plan (OPSRP/IAP and optional ORP)
· Health Engagement Model
· Disability insurance
· Long-Term care insurance
· Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
· Life insurance with optional employee & spouse/domestic partner coverage.
· Parental or family medical leave
· Employee assistance program
· Orange rewards for 10% discount at all university restaurants
· Professional development opportunities
· College savings program
· Free access to Care.com
· Cell phone provider discounts available at AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile/Sprint
· Reduced tuition rates for you or your dependents/spouse/domestic partner
· And more!
Job type: Full time, professional faculty
Location: Corvallis, OR. This position may start remotely due to COVID-19 restrictions, when on-campus activity resumes in Fall 2021 this position will be expected to work from our office on the Corvallis campus.
How to apply: If you meet the qualifications and are excited about the opportunity to work with a mission-driven organization please submit an application using the link – https://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/102213 (posting #P04443UF)
Closing date: Wednesday, June 23rd, 2021