Job Title: Senior SEO Copywriter
Reports to: Associate Managing Editor, Commerce Strategy
FLSA: Salary, Exempt, Full-Time
Location: Portland, NYC, or Remote
Who We Are Looking For:
We are looking for a self-motivated, dynamic Senior SEO Copy Writer to join the team that reports to the Associate Managing Editor, Commerce Strategy. You’ll be the primary contact for producing SEO-optimized content for increased engagement and conversion across priority and new content verticals. You will write engaging branded copy in DT’s voice and overseeing content strategy to support several sales programs, and work internally across teams to ensure the success of sponsored and organic content goals.
What You’ll Do:
- Craft compelling SEO content for full-funnel sponsorship and branded content campaigns on DigitalTrends.com and TheManual.com (DT Deals, Newsletters, Site Alerts, Custom Articles, and more).
- Translate search and social media trends into content opportunities for content creation.
- Perform competitor and keyword research to write top-placing content.
- Project manage and assign projects out to freelance writing staff.
- Partner with Commerce Sales to plan and prioritize deliverables and ensure sponsored/branded content meets our client’s goals.
- Perform quality assurance checks to ensure the copy is free of errors, SEO tactics are implemented, and content follows our Editorial Guidelines before going live.
- Develop mastery of our CMS and make recommendations for optimizations.
- Establish the end-to-end copy production process.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- At least 3 years of writing or editing experience with a commerce focus.
- SEO writing and knowledge of ranking best practices.
- Strong copywriting skills with keen attention to detail.
- Experience with Google Analytics, WordPress, Asana, and other SEO tools.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and stay organized.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
What’s In It For You:
- Great compensation (base salary, plus bonus) and exceptional benefits package including: medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending accounts, pre-tax commuter transit and parking benefits, paid parental leave, sabbatical leave after 5 years of service, flexible paid time off, life insurance, company paid short-term and long-term disability.
- Be a part of the solution, see our commitments here: Seven Point Plan to Meaningfully Address Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Digital Trends Media Group (DTMG) is the world’s largest independent innovation media company. 200 million people each month engage with our network of tech and lifestyle media brands, influencing culture and igniting conversation around the ever-evolving worlds of innovation. DTMG’s core demographic is the HENRY (High Earners Not Rich Yet) millennial, whose sphere of influence spans generations. Through in-depth reporting, product reviews, and commentary that entertains as much as it informs, we speak to the audiences that matter most, about the innovation that deeply affect their lives.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere ???????