Headquarters: New York City
- Assist in the development lifecycle of full stack solutions and continuous delivery frameworks that improve the ability of the CB IT delivery teams to efficiently deliver solutions with quality.
- Develop subject matter expertise in College Board Enterprise data and use that expertise to support the College Readiness Assessment program.
- Communicate with and understand business goals and requirements, and work to create data solutions that add value to the business and are relatively easy to operate.
- Be responsible for complex software development efforts, managing small sections of ongoing projects, and closely adhering to deadlines.
- Define requirements, create design specifications, test, and prepare technical documentation.
- Performs system quality assurance testing and automated test development.
- Design and Implement serverless software solutions supporting data-focused systems.
- Play role in understanding business needs in context, from a user perspective.
- Support user-driven design of data models, APIs, and interfaces.
- Support and maintains apps in production on the AWS cloud.
- Follow best practices around version control, testing, and automated build processes.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or MIS.
- 7 – 10 plus years of experience in requirements analysis, quality assurance, software systems, and database development.
- Proficient in developing effective UIs using React, Node.js.
- Strong ability to explain advanced data concepts to both database developers and architects, and non-technical end-users.
- Experienced in data extraction and analysis utilizing available AWS Cloud applications/tools to query and extract data as needed for reporting analysis/development or for customer delivery.
- Ability to understand business needs and translate them into technical specifications.
- Strong experience with functional, integration, and regression testing techniques in validating data domain and web-based applications in a multi-tier environment.
- Demonstrated experience with AWS Lambda, Node JS, SNS/SQS, S3, IAM, CloudWatch, RDS, and DynamoDB.
- Proven track record of Leading/training and coaching less experienced teammates in new technologies, eager to help others grow their skills to enable the success of an entire team.
- Mastery of data management concepts and best practices, as well as an ability to become an SME in College Board and education data.
- Expertise in understanding and writing SQL.
- Ability to use or learn: KMS, ALB/ELB, Route 53, Docker Containers, MFA.
- Fluency with CI/CD toolsets such as: AWS Codestar, Jenkins, Ansible, CloudFormation, BitBucket, Artifactory.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced experience in process analysis and documentation.
- Strong organizational skills.
We Work Remotely: Remote jobs in design, programming, marketing and more