About Optimus RideOptimus Ride is an autonomous mobility service provider on a mission to drive the future of transportation. We develop and own the full AV tech stack and user experience–algorithms, software, hardware, and system integration–for autonomous, electric rides for communities near and far. We’re focused on driving innovation and delivering convenient, turnkey transportation services for master planned communities, corporate and academic campuses, and mixed use developments. We’re driven to create safe, sustainable, and equitable transportation solutions for all.
Optimus Ride is headquartered in the Boston Seaport District, not far from our old stomping ground at MIT. From the boardroom to the test track, our teammates (affectionately referred to as Optimists) bring deep industry and subject matter expertise, a collaborative and focused work ethic, and an optimistic outlook on the future of autonomous, sustainable, community-serving transportation.
Optimus Ride is looking for a Director of Product Management to create the vision, strategy, and roadmap for our fleet and business platforms. As Director of Fleet Platforms, you will build and manage a team of product managers responsible for strategic investments that pave the road to operate and scale our mobility business.
We are looking for an experienced Product Management leader to lead our fleet platforms team in building a platform of scalable and extensible applications & tools. The individual in this role will be responsible for defining and driving our platform strategy, working closely with cross-functional business and technology teams and working with 3rd party partners. We are looking for a leader with a robust platform and systems experience, bridging technical and business goals across product teams. This individual should be comfortable working in complex, fast-paced organizations – aligning multiple developments and cross-functional teams to a single vision.
- You will collaborate with Product Designers, Engineering, Systems Architects, Marketing, Business development, and Operations to define and deliver core platforms as the foundation of our operations and mobility services.
- Define and create platform capabilities (fleet management, inventory management, rider identity and CRM, reservation and dispatch systems, service operations, etc.), aligning with stakeholders and scaling services
- Translate the product vision into a strategy and roadmap that lays out priorities down to the feature level.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to deliver the platform capabilities, establish success metrics, write detailed requirements and feature documentation
- Ability to understand users, user needs, demands, hopes and dreams; you will be expected to deeply understand users, both at a cohort and individual level, and build solutions that satisfy/solve the user needs you discover
- Communicate clearly roadmaps, priorities, experiments and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences from partner teams to executive levels
- Build and manage a high performing and innovative product team; understand who the users are and the segmentation, identify the pain points of the target user segment(s), demonstrate user empathy when making Product/Feature trade-offs and tie our product strategy to company vision
- MBA or equivalent work experience in a relevant field is preferred
- 10-15 years of product management experience (platform and systems experience is preferred)
- 5+ years of people management experience, leading high performing product teams
- Experience creating product roadmaps from conception to launch, driving product vision, defining go-to-market strategy, and leading design discussions
- Experience in with data warehouses and building business intelligence and reporting systems
- Highly analytical with solid business and technical acumen sense that guides ROI-based prioritization
- Enjoys working on deeply technical products, closely collaborating with a passionate engineering team, and has experience working with 3rd party partners as technology providers
- Advanced problem-solving skills with the ability to think creatively to resolve difficult situations with a proven record of follow-through
- Strong cross-functional relationship building with high empathy to understand the needs of other businesses and priorities
- Ability to maintain composure in critical situations and clearly communicate with different audiences
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, subject to rapid change and innovation
Benefits and Working EnvironmentAt Optimus Ride, we strive to support our employees by offering competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and a world class working environment that is centered around the team. We nurture creativity and provide expansive opportunities for growth and development.
Optimus Ride provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere 🌍🧑🏾💻👨💻🚀