About the company
Remind, the leading communication platform in education, helps educators reach students and parents where they are: their phones. With nearly 30 million active users, we’re one of the fastest-growing companies in education technology, but we have our sights set on something bigger: giving every student the opportunity to succeed.
Remind runs one of the largest free services in education, one of the fastest growing school/district SaaS businesses (the Remind Plan), and a revolutionary new direct-to-consumer business (Remind Coaching). The common thread through each of our product lines is the belief that success in education is driven by relationships, and the Remind communication platform is where the next generation of education relationships live.
About this role
The Senior People Operations Manager role is a newly created, hands-on role that focuses on scaling our tools, resources, and processes for our growing and geographically dispersed population. You’ll ensure our people have the systems and knowledge to support onboarding, employment changes, immigration, benefits, planning cycles, and more. You and our People Operations Coordinator will operationalize and complete HR transactions efficiently and accurately to ensure employee data is up to date and to manage local compliance obligations. As a leader in this function, you’ll bring a vision for outstanding operating processes internally and in conjunction with our various vendors in HR Operations, IT, and Benefits.
- You have hands-on HR support experience for high-growth teams of at least 100 people, working directly with employees and managers across a variety of seniority levels
- You are tech-savvy with experience evaluating, recommending, and implementing new HR technology
- You have excellent communication, mediation, and interpersonal skills
- You operate with the utmost integrity and respect
- You demonstrate the ability to scale processes and manage priorities in a fast-paced environment
- You demonstrate solid judgment and experience assessing risk relative to the business
What you’ll do:
- Own and optimize strategy and interaction with our outsourced HR vendors, including benefits, policy management, and system administration
- Optimize and execute people systems and policies across the employee lifecycle, including conflict resolution and employee relations, quarterly planning, off-boarding, benefits enrollments & changes, leave of absences, separations, and general employee support
- Challenge and evaluate the quality and effectiveness of people systems, tools and solutions and recommend changes to meet business and employee needs
- Plan and lead the review of our workflows and processes by partnering with peers internal and external to make them efficient and scalable for a global workforce
- Ensure legal compliance of HR state and federal regulations and applicable employment, benefit and leave laws, and update policies and/or procedures as required. HR Compliance projects (Contingent workforce, OFCCP Compliance, Employee Classification, Background checks) as needed
On your first day, you should:
- Apply your in-depth knowledge of HR state and federal compliance (preferably California and/or Nevada) and have resources to find new information
- Display experience evaluating, recommending, and implementing HRIS, Benefit, Payroll and other HR Tech Stack tools and systems
- Be able to quickly understand business or team goals, identify people-related levers to ensure successful attainment of goals, and take quick, iterative action to provide solutions
- Be able to confidently and succinctly communicate complex organizational decisions, strategies, and actions using an adaptive communication style
- Be able to build equitable and inclusive systems for diverse populations
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% health coverage for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy
- Paid parental leave
Remind is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We aim to represent the students, teachers, and parents we serve, and we welcome, support, and empower all the diverse individuals in our community.
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere 🌍🧑🏾💻👨💻🚀