We are Zego – a commercial motor insurance provider that powers opportunities for businesses, from entire fleets of vehicles to self-employed drivers and riders. We combine best-in-class technology with sophisticated data sources to offer insurance products that save businesses time and money.
Since our inception, we have believed that the problem with traditional insurance is that it holds businesses back. It’s too expensive and time consuming, and it no longer suits businesses who use vehicles to earn money. Our products represent a solution to this problem for businesses based across the UK, Europe and beyond.
So far, we have raised over $200 million in funding and we were the first UK insurtech to be valued at over $1 billion. We were also the first to be awarded our own insurance license and recently won Tech Company of the Year 2020.
At Zego, we are proud to say we have a diverse and inclusive team, unified by our shared values and mission. Our people are the most important part of our story and everybody at Zego, no matter their role, has an integral part to play.
Purpose of the role
We are now looking for an exceptional Claims Manager who is passionate about applying their claims knowledge in a fast growing insurtech environment. You will be right in the heart of our claims operations in Italy, getting the best out of our TPAs, using their expertise to improve our underwriting, pricing and claims performance, and building processes fit for the 21st century.
This is a perfect role for someone who is a fluent Italian speaker and enjoys working in a fast paced, collaborative environment contributing to building industry leading claims solutions across different insurance products.
What you’ll be working on
Provide technical expertise:
- Review, assess and control all claim queries, referrals, excess authority and delegated authority providing instructions for future claims management
- Provide expertise on loss adjusting, legal aspects and settlement
- Assess inflationary factors and trends to make recommendations to pricing and underwriting teams
- Assist in shaping the claims handling strategy and reserving philosophy
- Monitor and report on market or legislative changes and their potential impact
TPA relationship & performance management:
- Working in Zego’s claims team and with the support of colleagues manage relationships with our TPAs and assist in selecting new claims handling providers
- Work closely with Zego’s fleet team to resolve day to day claims queries and provide guidance on good claims processes
- Build relationships with loss adjusters, investigators, repair networks and solicitors
- Monitor and manage claims service performance. Develop and implement operational claims processes to ensure claims are handled according to business strategy and needs. Develop key performance indicators for TPA performance, implement them and monitor them
Customer claims experience:
- Design a world class customer claims journey across prevention, notification and settlement
- Monitor complaints relating to claims and take steps to prevent similar situations arising again
What you will need to successful in the role
- You will be fluent in Italian, coupled with strong levels of English
- You have good claims technician with solid claims handling skills;
- 3-5 years experience in claims adjusting or claims operations management in either claims handler, insurance company or insurance broker.
- Motor experience is essential.
- You are a quick learner and self-starter with the desire to play a pivotal role in changing how claims are processed in the insurance industry
- You have great communication and stakeholder management skills.
- You are adept at developing strong internal and external relationships to facilitate claims projects and proper day-to-day handling of claims
- Strong investigation, persuasion and negotiation skills
What’s it like to work @ Zego?
Zego has a truly international and inclusive team, unified by great ideas and collaborative thoughtfulness. Our people are the most important part of our story and everyone plays an essential role in our journey. We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and who are motivated by change. There’s plenty of room to learn and grow, as part of our ongoing training programmes or directly from other experts. You’ll work alongside a talented group of people who respect each other’s differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere 🌍🧑🏾💻👨💻🚀