If you’re excited by the technical and business challenges of building a category-defining software company, you’ll fit right in at ThirstySprout. We’re building an all-in-one productivity workspace for data analysts. Our product combines the best of Snowflake, Notion, Google Sheets, and Slack into one context-rich workspace so data professionals can do their best work in deep exploration and analysis. The founding team cut their teeth as technical leads at Airbnb, Bird, QuantCo, Wayfair, Brain Corp. We’re well-funded and backed by marquee investors that have backed companies like Facebook, Twitter, Slack, Stripe, and HYBE (the parent company behind BTS, Justin Bieber and Ariana Grande).
5 Reasons to Join:
1. ? You will build a category-defining product. Figma redefined the workspace for product designers. We want to redefine the same for data analysts and solve their most cumbersome workflow challenges.
2. ?? You will work with founders and talented coworkers who’ve built valuable enterprises and killer technical teams before at Airbnb, Bird, Wayfair, & QuantCo.
3. ? We are backed by the best. Our investors have previously backed hits such as Facebook, Twitter, Slack, Stripe, and HYBE (the parent company behind the global K-pop sensation BTS).
4. ? You will tackle interesting technical and go-to-market challenges that keep you sharp and on your toes. Come ready to fire up on all cylinders. We also ❤️ open-source.
5. ?♀️ You will have the flexibility to work hard and live your best life. We are 100% remote, asynchronous, and results-oriented. Our team members hike, paint, surf, and raise children, but we also execute incredibly fast.
What we’re looking for
We are seeking experienced software engineers who put team over self and want to take on the challenge of their lifetimes. We’re seeking builders who are passionate about elegantly-designed and delightful products built on scalable cloud-based systems, but also know how to get it done cheaply and fast, when needed.
You’ll partner with our Chief Technology Officer and Head of Engineering to design, build, test, and ship software on a daily basis. This is an exciting opportunity to get in on the ground level of a startup that is revolutionizing the data industry.
Implement software with a focus on clean and well-structured code
Design beautiful and highly usable front-end web applications
Own frontend architecture supporting common design patterns and reusable components
Implement automated test scripts, and perform manual testing when necessary
Deploy and monitor production services
Respond to system outages and issues
Work with other remote teams to build features together
Work closely with Product Management to scope new features
4+ years experience as a Software Engineer
– modern programming languages (Python, TypeScript)
– modern web frameworks (React, Redux/Sagas, Webpack)
– modern UI design frameworks and technologies (Semantic UI, SCSS, Figma, Invision)
– modern workflow tools (Git, GitHub, Clubhouse, Jira)
Strong communication skills:
– capable of conducting efficient, no-ego technical discussions
– capable of communicating key trade-offs and decisions to non-technical stakeholders
– proficiency in English (reading/writing/spoken)
? Full-time employment
? Competitive compensation
? Interesting, fulfilling, meaningful challenges to solve everyday
?? Fully remote & flexible working hours, with ridiculously fun virtual team culture (remote parties, Snapchat Filters, competitive Tetris!)
??♀️ Home office budget for wellness & productivity (ergo chair, standing desk, monitors)
✈️ Semi-annual company working trips (post-pandemic)
Hourly Range: $18.00-$40.00
Posted On: September 10, 2021 02:56 UTC
Category: Full Stack Development
Country: United States
click to apply
All jobs | upwork.com