The American Motorcycle Association (AMA), the premier membership association dedicated to promoting the motorcycling lifestyle and protecting the future of motorcycling, is seeking an experienced Web Developer / Back-End Developer.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing, implementing, testing and maintaining the technical infrastructure and integrations of the AMA website, and other digital properties. This position will take the lead in web application development and maintenance, while providing a support role for application integration with back-end and parallel systems. This position will work closely with the Web Designer and other members of the Communications team to execute design and integration solutions that support the goals and mission of the AMA. A strong, up-to-date knowledge of website design, technology and supporting systems is mandatory for this position.
This is not a remote position. This position will be located at our headquarters in Pickerington, OH.
• Monitor the technical infrastructure of the organization’s websites, including domains and web-hosting services.
• Implement and monitor third-party integrations, such as digital ads, forms, event management and member-portal features.
• Create Website content that interacts with the organization’s Association Management Software, Membersuite, through REST and SOAP APIs
• Respond and troubleshoot back-end website issues (server side)
• Enable appropriate security measures and respond to website security breaches.
• WordPress Plugin Development
• Diagnose and fix issues with Google Ad Manager ads and edit ad placements as needed
• Manage website backups, server PHP versions, WordPress versions and plugins
• Performs other duties as assigned
• A degree in Computer Science, IT, Systems Engineering or a related qualification.
• 2 years of work experience as a Web Developer
• Proficient in cross-browser testing, and firewalls functionality and maintenance
• Familiarity with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
• Experience with SSO a plus
• Knowledge of maintaining SSL certificates
• Experience with WordPress plugin development
• Experience with version control systems (Git/GitHub)
• Ability to troubleshoot website issues in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skill
• Fantastic time management skills with the ability to multi-task.
• A degree in Computer Science, IT, Systems Engineering, or a related qualification.
• 2 years of work experience in Website Development.