Full Stack Developer Internship (Remote, Part-time) Alzheimer’s Connect – New Web and Mobile App Service designed to connect Caregivers & Professionals in one Hub!
Employment Type: Part-time – 5-10 hours per week (Approx. 3 Months)
Seniority Level: Entry Level
Start date: Immediate openings How to Apply: Please include a cover letter with your resume, briefly explaining your interest in this position. Summary/Objective Our company, Alzheimer’s Connect, is looking for a part-time, junior full-stack developer that can combine their frontend and backend development expertise to build web and mobile applications on Android and iOS to serve our community of users. This is a unique opportunity to gain experience working at an emerging startup company in the booming healthcare industry. You will work directly with the founders of the company to design and architect the applications from vision to production-ready.
This role would be ideal for candidates that are looking to showcase their development talent on both web and mobile platforms, can participate in the design and creation of a fresh UI/UX, and would like to spearhead architecting a scalable front- and back-end platform using industry standard technologies and frameworks. Candidates that will thrive in this role are those that are technically savvy, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and are passionate about our mission to positively impact the community of people impacted by Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include
· Work closely with the founders of the company to translate business vision into functional web and mobile application UI designs
· Develop frontend website UI
· Develop mobile app UI
· Design and develop server-side architecture with common RESTful APIs to support both web and mobile frontends
· Design database schema and manage databases
· Write well designed, testable, efficient, maintainable and secure code using best practices
· Ensure cross-platform optimization of apps on various desktop and mobile platforms
· Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
· Create and maintain technical documentation useful to current and future developers for maintenance and support
· Provide daily status updates to the founders of the company
· Work on other tasks as assigned
· Currently enrolled in, or graduated from, a B.S. degree program in Computer Science or related field
· 0-2 years of web application / mobile application development (e.g., Android, iOS) experience
· Knowledge of server-side languages (e.g., NodeJS, Python, C#, Java)
· Knowledge of database design (e.g., MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
· Knowledge of Git/GitHub or other version control systems
· Ability to troubleshoot and debug applications
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a strong attention to detail
· Good problem solving skills
· Ability to work independently
· Ability to work a minimum of 5-10 hours/week (Intern only)
Nice to Haves
· Experience working in a startup environment
· Experience designing UIs and creating wireframes/high fidelity mockups/prototypes
· Experience using Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
· Experience working with cloud platforms/devops: Amazon AWS, Docker, etc.
Why Work Here? Alzheimer’s Connect is a new web and mobile company aimed at connecting Alzheimer’s Disease Caregivers with legal, financial, and medical professionals who can help relieve the unnecessary burden, confusion and stress that is placed caring for their loved ones. The website and mobile app service will serve as a hub for a community of people impacted by Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia who can communicate directly with each other to solve difficult challenges. On the service provider side, companies gain a competitive advantage in promoting their business within local communities. On the caregiver side, the stress and confusion of handling unexpected responsibilities lessens significantly when they can leverage the right professionals across the legal, financial and medical landscape.
Posted On: September 15, 2021 01:25 UTC
Category: Full Stack Development
Country: United States
click to apply
All jobs | upwork.com