I am looking to reverse engineer the communications protocol of an IoT system. This is a master slave system where the RF trigger commands a device to perform an action. The goal is to be able to replicate this trigger command in my product so that it can be compatible with this system. The device that is triggered is known to use the Texas Instruments CC2520 radio module. Presumably the system is therefore utilizing 802.15.4 or Zigbee base protocol.
I need electrical engineer that is familiar with RF systems including 2.4GHz 802.15.4, Zigbee and Bluetooth. Familiarity with software defined radio (SDR) systems and RF analysis via the Ettus SDR or packet sniffers. I have both the Ettus b205 mini SDR and an 802.15.4 packet sniffer that could be used for analysis.
Scope of Work
1. Provide instructions for reverse engineering the IoT system utilizing the b205 mini SDR.
2. Be available for reverse engineering work when operator is on site with the IoT system for recording signals.
3. Provide detailed feedback based on observed RF analysis.
4. Analyze recorded IQ data to determine message protocol.
5. Write a protocol specification to be used to write firmware in my product to trigger this same device.
Posted On: November 04, 2021 23:17 UTC
Category: Electronic Engineering
Skills:Zigbee, IoT Solutions Design, RF Design, Telecommunications Engineering, BLE, Bluetooth, Reverse Engineering
Country: United States
click to apply
All jobs | upwork.com