“Pulse” is our web-based Operations Management Platform, which runs on Php 5.6 and Mysql 8.0. As part of the operations management, it does the task management activities also. We would like to build a Desktop application “Pulse Desktop App”, for the users to mark the activities on a day-to-day basis.
1. The Pulse Desktop App need to be installed on every computer of Enventure, while installing the administrator should be able to enter the user’s Pulse credentials. User should NOT have access to disable or delete this App.
2. Project Tasks created on Pulse and assigned to the User, should immediately be pushed onto The Pulse Desktop App, so that the User can select the same for working on. To accomplish this, The Pulse Desktop App must be made available at the Screen Corner, and the user needs to be alerted in some way (change or colour on the blinker etc.) about the arrival of a New Project Task.
3. When User powers his System ON, The Pulse Desktop App should get activated and put the Tasks in front of the User, in the form of a Pop-Up (which is large enough, so that it covers most of the Screen), and force the user to select one of the Tasks appearing there and Start the Task. The Pop-Up should not close until the User has selected one of the Tasks and Started it
4. If the System has NOT recorded any Activity from the User for more than X (predetermined by Pulse for each User) minutes, the selected task should Pause by itself, and when the User resumes the work, The Pulse Desktop App should force the User to select the Task again. The Pulse Desktop App should ask the user to update the progress of the previous task. (As explained in Point 4 above).
5. Every one Hour from the Previous “Task Selection Activity” The Pulse Desktop App should force the user to Select the Task again (as explained in Point 4 above). If he selects a different task than earlier, the previous task should pause and the new task should be started. The Pulse Desktop App should ask the user to update the progress of the previous task.
6. Every time the task status changes, The Pulse Desktop App should ask for the % Progress of the task.
7. At the end of the day, he should pause/ close the task that he is working on and shut down the system. If he tries to shut down the system without pausing/ stopping the task, The Pulse Desktop App should force the user to pause/ stop the current task and then only allow the shutdown.
8. At every change in task status, The Pulse Desktop App should update Pulse the “Log Time” and the “% Progress”, that is captured.
Posted On: May 17, 2022 09:18 UTC
Category: Desktop Software Development
Skills:Microsoft Windows, MySQL, Application Installer, Desktop Application, Application Integration